|
|||||||||||||||||||
|
Monday, 26 July 2010
I'm finally home After dunno how many hours of traveling, I'm finally back at the comfort of my own room. For some reason, I'm just so fucking blur to misread the wrong paragraph of my itinerary. My flight back home was supposedly 2pm but I read the wrong paragraph and thought it was 4pm. Happily reached the airport at 1:45pm to check in and was shocked when the lady over the counter ask me how come I reached so late. Was directed to the special service lane and waited for 30 minutes due to the queue. The lady who served me simply told me they are busy at the moment as they are other passengers behind me who are leaving on the same day. Without even checking, she immediately assume there's no more flight for me. Asked me to call up their customer service and spend the next 15 minutes waiting. Finally someone answered and helped. The next available route back to Singapore was Seattle -> Beijing -> Japan -> Singapore. She only told me that the flight is 9pm and in addition, I have to pay for extra charges of approximately USD$350. Proceed back to the check in counter only to realize beside waiting at Seattle Airport for the 9pm flight (12 hours flight), I have to wait 7 hours in Beijing followed by 6 hours in Japan. I seriously feel helpless at that very moment. The lady who check me in told me that my luggage will be check in all the way to Singapore. However, to make things worse, upon checking in Beijing, I was told that I actually need to collect my luggage upon touch down and recheck in as the flights are on different days. You can imagine my fright when I realize that my luggage was not collected when I was supposed to 6 hours ago. Did a few checks and fortunately, it was intact with the security room. The lady at the Beijing check in counter was so kind and helpful upon knowing my predicament. She even gave me a free upgrade to the business cabin as that flight was quite empty. It was the shortest flight among all, only 3 hours but I certainly had the best rest. Knowing that I have 6 hours to spare in Japan airport, I decided to take a quick tour at the nearby city. Tokyo was too far away so I settled for a shopping mall within Narita. Changed USD$20 worth of Japanese Yen and off I went taking the train and then bus to the shopping mall. Bought 2 tees and had a quick meal before heading back to the airport only to realize that the flight has been delayed by another 4 hours. By this time, I was super exhausted. Wearing the same clothes for like 48 hours and sleeping 1 or 2 hours every now and then. It's one experience that I will never forget. Finally boarded the flight and took another 7 hours before I finally touched down Singapore. Home sweet home indeed... [8:15 am] |
||||||||||||||||||
|
|||||||||||||||||||