|
|||||||||||||||||||
|
Sunday, 14 February 2010
First day of the tiger year It's the first day of the Chinese Lunar new year and I have been sleeping at home for most of the day. As one aged, CNY is really nothing but a traditional custom where there are holidays, ang baos, bak kwa and cashew nuts. Beside visiting, you practically got no where to go unless there's a gathering at a particular friend's house for steamboat, mahjong or cards. This year, I don't have to do any visiting at all, all the relatives are coming to my house both paternal and maternal side. I simply show my face, exchange greetings, collect ang baos and slid back to my own room when no one notice. Hahaha!! Went to River Hongbao with Mon last evening and surprisingly, it was packed at all. Parking was incredibly easy as compared to years back. Walked around and one can easily notice that they almost all the stalls are manned by the Chinese from China. Even the performers on stage as well as the emcee are from China. I guess they are just more hardworking than the locals when it comes to big holidays. Had the usual count down with nice fireworks before heading to Marina Square. Decided to catch a movie super last minute and we actually managed to get a good seat (2nd row from the back) for Lightning Thief 10 minutes before the showtime. Movie was okay though some parts were over exaggerating. I finally reached home around 4ish and turn in at 5 before mum woke me up at 9. Tired, tired and tired. I wonder what Jaron is doing now. Must be having lotsa fun in Turkey. Super good life he has, last year went to Europe and this year going Middle East. It's been quite awhile since we spent CNY together. Hope he enjoyed himself... [8:19 pm] |
||||||||||||||||||
|
|||||||||||||||||||