Allure thru Individualism


Perfectionist | Rational | Nonchalant
Workaholic | Ambitious | Impatient | Lazy

Life revolves around family, buddies, mon, gym and work.

Adore
Chilling out
Inline skating
Workout in gym
Overseas vacations
Music : Pop | Sentimental | Hip Hop | New Age | Progressive House | Trance

Taggy Board

Accomplishments
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • December 2010
  • February 2011
  • April 2011
  • September 2011


  • Monday, 11 January 2010

    Happiness over Money

    Had another argument with Dad this morning. Once again, it's all about money issues. I shall not elaborate further but well, ever since I made the decision to switch to my current company two and a half years back, I had been facing with alot of issues.

    Since day one, everyone has been asking me how come I make this risky switch? Even till now, people have been telling me that perhaps it's time for me to seek a new job. At times, I get so tired listening to it again and again. No one has ever told me. "Are you happier in your current job now? If yes, then you have made a correct decision."

    Happiness versus monetary, which is more important? Seriously before you make a decision, think really carefully about it. At times like this where everything is all money. Can you really be happy when you are broke?

    Can you be happy when you are too broke to go out, watch movies, sing KTV, have nice dinners, attend gatherings and birthday parties? Can you really be happy when all you can do is to stay at home with your love ones and spend the entire weekend doing nothing coz there's practically nothing you can do when you don't have the extra cash?

    I used to think happiness can co-exist with poverty but somehow, it doesn't apply these days anymore. Your friends probably call you a miser behind your back if you can't afford a nice birthday present when you attend someone's birthday. Your love ones may be bored after awhile if you can't afford to spend some money to at least go out and find some activities to do. Realistically, there's no entertainment in Singapore that doesn't require you to spend a single cent and yet provide you with a fun-filled day.

    You have to spend money on expensive food even if you are just window shopping in town. You have to pay for expensive car park rates if you are out the whole day especially on a weekend.

    Maybe I really make a big mistake when I paid my car in full. It ended me with all my savings gone and at the same time, having to take a loan from my mom. Now, dad isn't happy about me repaying my mom the miserable monthly loan amount. He says it's too little and I have been spending money unnecessary outside with friends etc. As usual, he kept reprimanding that I should have sticked to my previous job with such a good pay etc.

    Deep within, I asked myself. How come no one ever thought whether will I be happy staying in my previous company?

    People always say one should find a job that you will be happy working for it, people always say money isn't the most important thing in the world but is it really true after all?

    I'm currently working in a job which I'm genuinely happy. I don't need to drag myself to the office everyday. However, people has been asking me to change my job which can provide me with a higher pay. Does having a high pay job really bring one's happiness?

    "Happiness is a choice!" That's the statement I have always believe in and thus, it helps me in all my decisions so far including changing from a stable high pay job to a unstable one. That has always been my MSN title but today, I have decided to change it.

    Happiness perhaps isn't a choice anymore. Today in this world, without money, you probably won't have any happiness to start with. At least, not in my current situation...

    [12:31 pm]