|
|||||||||||||||||||
|
Sunday, 21 June 2009
Ang Mo Kio to Jurong West on skates Woke up at 6:30am this morning for the National Runway Cycling & Skating event held at Paya Lebar Air Base. I registered for the 30km skates endurance challenge and reached there around 7:45. Hang around before the flag off took place at 8:30 and managed to complete 30km in about 1 hour 40 minutes. Did a google and realize that's the distance between Ang Mo Kio to Jurong West (not East) if you travel via CTE and PIE. I'm surprised my legs never gave away halfway. Saw many hilarious sights during the challenge. While most people are in either racer or mountain bikes, I saw someone with a monocycle, another guy running on barefoot and even on indian boy pushing his bike with one hand while holding broken his bicycle pedal on the other. Few injuires here and there but there were tons of medics and support staffs around. Here's some photos... [7:29 pm] |
||||||||||||||||||
|
|||||||||||||||||||