Allure thru Individualism


Perfectionist | Rational | Nonchalant
Workaholic | Ambitious | Impatient | Lazy

Life revolves around family, buddies, mon, gym and work.

Adore
Chilling out
Inline skating
Workout in gym
Overseas vacations
Music : Pop | Sentimental | Hip Hop | New Age | Progressive House | Trance

Taggy Board

Accomplishments
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • December 2010
  • February 2011
  • April 2011
  • September 2011


  • Wednesday, 8 April 2009

    Pace of life



    Since young, we have been trained to move along with the fast pace of the city life. Day in day out, you see people rushing during peak hours, dashing for buses and trains and packing lunch back to office (which I do almost everyday).

    It seems like our mind has been trained to adapt to fast activities. We tend to nag and grumble when the queue we are standing seems to be slower than the rest. I'm sure everyone will agree with me that such incidents have ever happen to you be it in airports, fastfood outlets or even NTUC.

    Having spent my entire life in this fast little city, it suddenly dawned on me that should this be the way I want to live my life forever?

    Everyone always say... Life is short!

    All of us know this at the back of our head but unfortunately, due to the fact that we need to make our ends meet, pay this bill, pay that installment, we have to work our lungs out. Round and round in this never-ending rat race.

    In the midst of entangling in this race, we have failed to slow down our pace and enjoy the beauty of life. To make things worse, almost everyone you see day to day is putting on a mask. Politics, back-stabbings, arguments, miscommunications, shits from colleagues, extra work from bosses, we are so used to them that unconsciously, it leads to adding more stress to our already pressurized life.

    I really hope that one day, I can spend perhaps a year or two of my life in a slow pace environment. A place where everyone greet everyone, where everyone smile at everyone. No pressure, no stress, no mind games, only sincere care and concern.

    Maybe I won't get used to it initially, I'll most probably get impatient every now and then when I encounter someone taking their own sweet time to do something but over time, I'm sure I'll learn to appreciate life even more than just wake up, rush for work, knock off, head home, rest, eat and sleep only to wake up to another routine cycle again...

    [12:28 am]